lundi 18 janvier 2010

Day 4: Major Fail


It was such a beautiful day today. Sunny, but still pretty chilly. Good morning, Chelsea!
Today was to be the day I went with Hyeyoung and Anna to Connecticut for the first time ever to get amazing fabrics at amazing prices. Hyeyoung rented a Zipcar for the day:
We drove past this beautiful horse stable and barn:Past amazing river, mountain and sky views:Finally we arrived at Bankville Fabrics: don't let the Joanne's appearance fool you. We found double-faced cashmere coating from Loro Piana 60" wide for only $89.00 a yard among many other treasaures. It was incredible:Sunset drive back...but totally decided to go to the Japanese supermarker mall heaven Mitsuwa in Edgewater, New Jersey:Of course I was so excited to go to Mitsuwa that I left my camera in the car. I'll take photos next time.

As for the cleanse, the trip to Mitsuwa and the temptation to eat their ramen noodles was simply too strong to resist. I mean, I used to go there every weekend as a child/teenager. The food there is unmatched anywhere in the city to this day.

Back to liquids tomorrow until Wednesday night. The cleanse has gotten me feeling pretty weak and unfocused. The cravings for hot food is really bothersome. I think it would have been more successful during the summertime. However, my jeans are practically falling off my hips (!).

On a brighter, more brilliant note: Charlotte Gainsbourg's new album "IRM" (MRI in French) is out. This time around it's produced by Beck. Beck might have been the missing link from CG's last album to really bring it up. She's such a beautiful person. IRM is absolutely marvelous.

Aucun commentaire: