samedi 19 avril 2008

Hearts on Fire

Cut Copy's In Ghost Colours is so good. Granted I'm sure most people are sick of 80's new wave revivalists but Cut Copy has stopped taking themselves and music so seriously this time around. In Ghost Colours is just a very light, catchy and fun album; you can't help but love it and I think it'll be a staple to any summer rooftop party playlist.

Thank goodness the weather has also stopped taking itself so seriously and lightened up. If it gets below 55 degrees again, I might just hop off the docks of the Hudson River Park.

And because it was actually 75 degrees today and sunny, I took a trip to the Hudson River Park. Sitting on a perfectly level field of AstroTurf on the waters with the kids and the gays was the best thing that's happened all month. I was out in the sun all day and finally got my good fix of endorphins to shoo away all the negative thoughts that have been in mind. I watched these 2 gay guys play paddleball against eachother; it was really fascinating and they were really good! Even better was this 4-year old boy who was practicing his goalie skills with his dad. The kid was diving and flying through the air and catching every single ball his dad shot at him!

Simple things like these shed a lot of light on my outlook. I've just been feeling so down lately and my heart has felt so heavy because I keep getting let down. I'm just going to take things by the day and make notes-to-self to enjoy things like AstroTurf and the lingering smell of the sun.

Here's to summer, you've been long overdue.Currently Listening to:
Cut Copy - Feel the Love

Aucun commentaire: