mardi 29 avril 2008

Big Deal

Yesterday was the Parsons' Senior thesis show at the Grand Hyatt. Aside from the charity show being a huge deal, it was really exciting to be able to watch the show. Julie Gilhart, fashion director at Barney's, gave an opening speech, telling everyone to watch out for us because we are the next generation of designers. The selected senior designers are who we all aspire to be; a rising designer talented enough to be the creme de la creme de la creme and featured in all the press throughout the city.

The show was covered by NY Mag, was on the front page of WWD today, with Bo Bae Lee's phenomenal knit (and by phenomenal I mean out of this fucking world). My mom even told me that the Chinese newspaper covered Sarah Lee's crazy graffiti inspired collection. Yesterday and today was all about Parsons, and it just reminded me why I'm here putting up with the amount of work I do.

I just felt compelled to write about my excitement and pride in my school.WWD on Parsons 2008

2 commentaires:

Ida a dit…

hi cat!

I just found your blog through facebook. i like it! hope you're good and everything!

/Ida

MERMAID HAIR a dit…

yo i feel you. except that woman from barney's what tooooootally high. "this...school..is.just so.... ... (thinking of a really amazing vocab word).. great"