vendredi 13 juillet 2007

The Underdog Here at Night

Ah, Stars, my first ever "indie" band. A follow up to their wonderful Set Yourself on Fire album in 2004, In the Bedroom After the War is another upbeat, innocent, very pop-y album comprised of more mellow duet singing and sound-clips of old speeches and readings, soft drum snares and low organ keyboard chords. Who couldn't fall in love with Amy Millan's voice? (She also has a solo, more folk-y album)

Their actual palpable album is set to release on September 25th (a big date) but their legal digital download is available as of July 10th, only 4 days after its completion. Stars is also going on tour in the US and they'll be performing at NY's Town Hall. I'm still waiting for tickets to go on sale.

MP3: Stars - The Night Starts Here

I also got the new Spoon album, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. It's a touchy subject, so I won't address it much. Non-Spoon-heads will certainly find this album all hit-or-miss.

MP3: Spoon - The Underdog

Menomena is playing tonight at South Street. Wish I wasn't sick.

The next show, Brazilian Girls is on the 22nd at Central Park, but I'm missing that because of the babies. Big fat sigh.

So I guess the next show I can actually attend will be Blonde Redhead on August 5th at McCarren Pool, Brooklyn.

Alas, internet radio will NOT be shut down on July 15th. That's all that's important for now.

Aucun commentaire: