lundi 25 juin 2007

Vermont: June 2007

I've been looking forward to this trip ever since the semester ended.

First of all, hanging out with Nicky after a whole month of being separated was absolutely necessary.

Being in the city so much got me to a point where all the noise, pollution, people, tall buildings and man-made structures started to suffocate. For some reason I was just tired of everything and spending time in Vermont was the perfect remedy for my feeling unsatisfied and tired.

Landed in Burlington, where Nicky picked me up and we went to have the BEST sandwich ever, drove past the fields and farms and trees and a dead skunk to this:

Typical.

I loved it.

During this vacation I also got to meet the cutest babies ever and fell in love with Demetrius, who I miss terribly already.

Went strawberry picking with Chrissy, ate strawberries for hours because they were the sooooo deliciously delicious. Oh my goodness we had so many strawberries.

We also had two creamies that day. For those of you unfamiliar with the best maple soft-serve ice cream, you're missing out.

Oohhhmuhgawdsomuchfoood.


Went to a party where we all got drunk playing checkers and jumped on a wet trampoline.




Went to Wayside Diner the next morning where I was so hungover I couldn't eat breakfast. Barghhh.

But Chrissy took the best pictures ever.

Then went exploring in Nicky's "backyard" where we made a documentary about survival in the forest.

Hiked up and down through the forest; it was crazy! I almost died trying to keep up.

























Laid on the Statehouse Lawn for some time, hysterical laughing over immature matters with the best. Amazing.

Also sat at a bonfire in Nicky's backyard with her family, watching the smoke whirl in question marks and joking about how that was the vision of our futures.

Suggested creating a crop circle garden in the shape of a question mark or exclamation point.

Did a lot of other things but I just can't put into words how much I've thought about throughout the trip. I risk sounding like the biggest loser ever in saying that being in the country/mountain-side brought me to a level of higher awareness. There wasn't a single moment when I thought about wanting my iPod. Everything is so beautiful and untouched and pure.

A bajillion thanks to the Best Ever for everything.

Aucun commentaire: