vendredi 29 juin 2007

RA RA!

Who needs sleep when you have places to be, people to meet and things to do? I'm running on 3 hours of sleep. I'll give it five minutes before my head hits the keyboard.

Work has been busy, in a good way. I just took on a second job as a babysitter and I'll be out on Shelter Island every weekend now, making sand castles at the beach and playing miniature golf with the babies. Not complaining yet.

Today I decided to venture to Southstreet by myself since Snowden was going to play as a part of the RiverToRiver Festival with Ra Ra Riot. Got there and found out that Snowden cancelled, and 2 other bands will open for Ra Ra Riot, who has been bumped up as the star band of the night. The first two bands were sad groups of people whose names I don't even remember. I even left after the first set thinking the wait wouldn't be worth it, until Edward jumped on me and I met up with him and Jordan.

So I stayed with Jordan.
FINALLY Ra Ra Riot came on. I found myself forgetting where I was because their energy and playfulness with each other totally stole my heart. Allie played the electric cello while Becky played the electric violin; being the two only girls meant standing at the front of the stage and often laughing at each other. They were so into their role in the band that the way they played made it seem somewhat spiritual/orgasmic. It was beautiful.

The lead singer, though, reminded me a bit of the lead singers from terrible bands such as the Ataris, where their voice is high-pitched and their face is twisted into a look of constipation and pain, head always cocked to the side as if there is an excruciating pain in their neck.

One of the guitarists was totally a dork, the other wore pants tighter than those of any other girl I have ever seen. Mr. Spandex Jeans, was jumping ALL over the stage with Mr. Ataris-Voice.

I am very fond of Allie, as she was super cute in her white blouse-dress and yellow flats and seemed to be the youngest member of Ra Ra Riot. She was beautiful.

Anyway, Ra Ra Riot put on a feel-good show, and that's what they are - an innocent, fun band, nothing much more.

Their album debuts July 10th.

Aucun commentaire: