jeudi 1 novembre 2007

I Saw Stars

Kinda late, but I haven't been feeling like writing these past few weeks.

Trey and I went to see Stars and New Buffalo at Town Hall on the 19th. One of the most romantic and even empowering shows so far. It was everything I expected it to be: Stars were throwing out roses and other flowers to their audience, people were standing up and singing along, friends and lovers seemed ecstatic to be there in each other's company; there was a bond going on between everybody at the show--lots of positive energy. This show was especially significant for me because I started listening to Stars years ago, and they were the band that sparked my interest in music. Since then, I spent hours and hours sorting through and exploring all different genres and styles of musicians, which, I couldn't imagine being without at this point.
Currently, I'm listening to a lot of instrumental music: Explosions in the Sky, old Piano Magic, Mum, James Blackshaw, etc. etc. Placing all the art and work in the instruments allows the listener to imagine the story and mood of the songs, which to me, is very soothing. It's a bit difficult to articulate but I guess it serves as a semi-meditation.

Speaking of meditation, I want to start planning a cycling trip in Lhasa, China, possibly taking place in early May. Basically you bike around Tibet, through the mountain valley, stopping to visit the small villages, the temples, the monks. It seems like 12 days of pure bliss.

Other than that, things around here and at school are all right. I've shifted gears (finally) and have adjusted to the workload and necessary time management. The midpoint of the semester has just passed and things are rolling along smoothly.

Next Friday is the Mum concert with Tiffany and I'm SOO EXCITED OMGZ! It's a show I've been looking forward to for months and months.

1 commentaire:

Tiff Chang a dit…

OH MY GOD YOU SAW STARS? i hate you. u didnt tell me